Ministry of Tourism is according priority to the development and promotion of tourism in the country and has taken several steps for increasing the inflow of foreign tourists and earn foreign exchange which inter-alia, include the following:
- i)Launching the Swadesh Darshan Scheme for integrated development of theme based tourist circuits.
- ii) Launching the National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive (PRASHAD) Scheme to beautify and improve amenities and infrastructure at pilgrimage sites.
iii) Promoting India as a holistic tourism destination in the domestic and international markets.
- iv) Launching of Incredible India 2.0 Campaign marking a shift from generic promotions to market specific promotional plans.
- v) Launching e-Visa for citizens of 163 countries.
- vi)Developing and promoting ‘Niche Tourism’ products.
vii) Generating sufficient manpower to meet the requirements of the tourism and hospitality industry.
viii) Launching 24×7 toll free Multi-Lingual Tourist Helpline.
This information was given by Shri K. J. Alphons, Union Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.